Sunday, October 19, 2008

Photograph your hometown.


Train rolling in Ang Mo Kio station, that's the nearest one to my apartment.About less than 5 minute drive away.



Public housing apartments around my neighbourhood, almost 70 percent of our population stays in high rise apartment due to lack of land in our tiny island.



New mall just opposite the Ang Mo Kio MRT station, lots of shops, eateries, supermarket, banks...all I need to do is to take a public bus which is about 10 minutes journey away from my place. Buses run every 10- 15 minutes, so there's no hassle travelling by public transport here in Singapore. Sometimes I just walk there.



Lower Pierce Reservoir, about 5 minutes drive away.


The old and new, side by side.


The pristine East Coast Beach, about 35 minutes drive away. Well, being an an island, we're surrounded by beaches!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Lovely. I like the contrast of old and new, city and beach.
Thanks for the tour!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very Nice Jama! I love the beach photo! :)

Martha said...

This is so beautiful ::packing bags and ready to move:: ;-)

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I love the variety here, modern city, old city and water, all crammed together! I especially like the red and gold apartment buildings and the pier over the reservoir.

lisaschaos said...

Looks like a great town! I love the old and new buildings by each other. :)