Friday, November 12, 2010

FMTSO: Over your head


There's a lot of beauty over our head....

The light just outside the Fullerton Bay Hotel in town. I was drawn by the lovely patterns the light reflected on the ceiling and wall.

I couldn't resist but stood right underneath the light with strange stare from the doorman and some guests.

 
The gigantic mythical creatures that stand guard outside the ancient Egypt area in Universal Studios Singapore. Walk into the building and plunge into total darkness roller coaster  and face  warrior mummies on a psychological thrill ride. Definitely  not my cup of tea!


An old colonial building which will be transformed into an Art Museum soon. This historic ex-Supreme Court building had been around since 1930s.

These are the new cabins for the Cable Car ride which recently opened after undergoing upgrading. It was first opened to public in 5th February 1974 by then Deputy Prime Minister, Dr. Goh Keng Swee. It link between Mt Faber and Sentosa Island,crossing the busy Keppel Harbour. The cable stands  about 120m above sea level. Travelling at a speed of 4 metres per second the continuous journey from Mt Faber to Sentosa with a stop at Jardine Step takes only around 12 minutes .

At 36 metres above Henderson Road, Henderson Waves is the highest pedestrian bridge in Singapore. It was built to connect the two hills of Mount Faber and Telok Blangah Hill. The bridge has a unique wave-form made up of seven undulating curved steel “ribs” that alternately rise over and under its deck. The curved “ribs” form alcoves that function as shelters with seats within.

Being in a tiny island with limited land, the only way to expand to accommodate our growing population is upwards......plenty of high-rise buildings here !

 

Kite flying has became a big hobby here, a perfect activity for the whole family.
To see more photos from participants of Friday My Town ShootOut, just click on the banner above.

15 comments:

Grace and Bradley said...

Wow, Singaphore is beautiful, we only visited once and enjoyed it very much. Have a nice weekend

~JarieLyn~ said...

Very nice photos. I especially like your perspective on the light in the second photo. I also like the kites.

NanU said...

Great photos! My favorite is the kites.

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Wow!!!!Outstanding photos...everyone! Thank you so much for sharing the amazing Up Views of Singapore. I enjoyed them all, but my favorites are the Egyptian guards and the kites.

daylily (Queenmothermamaw) said...

Great shots. Love the bridge and the kites. Thanks for stopping by Lady Bug. Meant to comment on the first post I like that too. Hope you don't miss this.
QMM

Rebecca said...

I love this. Especially that pedestrian bridge! You have some really cool perspective shots too.

Nicolle Howard said...

The pedestrian bridge is definately unique. I think I would like to visit there some day.

GingerV said...

with your photos I am always saying 'woe' and the next 'wow' again. this is no exception. I think you have shown this bridge before but it is EMAZING. the kites I like a lot!

Kerry said...

Sensational photos, every one. Those high-rise buildings are perfect subjects for this and your shot is amazing. I love that chandelier in the first picture. The thought of Egypt-in-Singapore is pretty weird!

Ann said...

Jama, the bridge really looks like moving like a wave. I will be scared to walk on it.

I had only been to the outside of the Fullerton, not classy enough to go inside LOL I rememebr it was an important building.

Pauline said...

Jama, I'm in awe of your second shot. I get the feeling of looking straight down rather than straight up...is there a term for that I wonder? Love your wavy bridge, a beautiful photo of beautiful architecture. And looking up through those skytowers I feel sort of giddy. As usual, a great shoot out!

Sarah-Paige Copeland said...

Wow, you get to look up at some amazing sights! I'd love to be out flying a kite right now, although I have a feeling that might end with me getting hit by lightning!!!! Love the shot from beneath the light, it looks quit science fiction like.

In the eye of the beholder said...

I can relate with you on getting strange looks when taking a picture like the first two photos. The Court building that is going to be an Art Museum was a very good perspective. The cable car ride looks fun I bet it has a good view up there. The Waves Bridge is very cool architecture. Flying a kite looks like fun.

Sarah said...

Jama you never fail to amaze me with your shootouts..I think this is one of my favorites...wowza!! Not a shot that didn't make me say WOW!!! Hugs, Sarah

Doreen said...

awesome images Jama!! love them all. I want to walk on that bridge some day. have you ever walked it?