Friday, September 16, 2011

FMTSO: The letter T

T is for Takoyaki, a Japanese snack originated from Osaka.
Takoyaki are also known as octopus (tako) balls.
To make takoyaki, a cast iron or electric takoyaki pan with many half-spherical molds is used. It’s basically a flavored batter with a tiny piece of octopus (tako) inside, and is a quintessential street food snack. The balls are served with takoyaki sauce or Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise and fish flakes. These were made by the younger son, and he used prawns instead of octopus, which were put inside the balls.

Tiger Airways, a budget airline which is  a subsidiary of the Singapore Airlines. (SIA)

Teck Lim Road, somewhere near the Chinatown.

Trishaw- a light three-wheeled vehicle with pedals used long time ago, it is used mostly by tourists for a short ride around town now.

Threads in my sewing basket.
 
Tulips, not the fresh ones, just the artificial flowers.



An Indian Temple .

Tarts for Tea, a perfect Treat for anyone! Pineapple Tarts are the must-have treat served to guests during the New Year celebrations for the Malay, Indian and Chinese here in Singapore. The filling is the grated pineapple cooked with sugar and some spices till caramelized. These are recently baked for my guests during the Eidul Fitri celebrations .


To see more participants for Friday My Town Shoot Out, just click on the  banner above.


6 comments:

Scriptor Senex said...

A super selection. I love the colourful threads.

Gypsy Lala said...

Colourful, I like the Trishaw

Kim, USA said...

Jama love your photos. These foods are awesome I know I tasted it before ^_^ Now I am hungry. Happy weekend!

FMTSO

Pauline said...

Your takoyaki looks delicious, great shot of it. Also love the sheen on your threads. Have a great weekend.

Ann said...

Jama,

you are a very neat and tidy person. I will be malu to show you my sewing box.

We are looking for a house, I don't want it to be big. I told my husband, I am married to the computer.

Doreen said...

awesome selections for this theme Jama. love the Teck Lim Road.