Wednesday, February 15, 2012

ABC Wednesday: ENGROSSED

 


Almost EVERYDAY, this group of senior citizens would sit around the courtyard playing Chinese Chess. They were too ENGROSSED to pay any attention to anyone walking there, including photographers. A good way to stimulate the brain to prevent Alzheimer I guess....the retirees need activities to keep themselves occupied and the authorities had set up an area in Chinatown with tables , seats and sheltered from the weather . I've seen some students doing sketching of the seniors while I was photographing them. Some tourists were also seen taking photos of them too.

16 comments:

magiceye said...

brilliant capture!!
loved it!

Reader Wil said...

A great idea to keep these people busy. A good choice for the letter E.
Wil, ABC Wednesday Team.

Jidhu Jose said...

great capture

Stylish By Nature said...

Very well !!

I am hosting Boticca.com giveaway currently, where you can win $100 worth of jewelery and bags...Just click the link below...I'll wait for you there :)

Enter Boticca.com giveaway and win $100
♡ StylishByNature.com

janaki nagaraj said...

So Engrossed...:-0

Roger Owen Green said...

I love playing backgammon and hearts; I'm definitely ENGROSSED.


ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Luna Miranda said...

great post! love your word for this photo.

Ms. Burrito said...

So serious!

E is for Entertainment, please come and see.

Corina said...

Love seeing photos of people, something I'm working on since I rarely photograph people. Great word for ABC Wednesday!

Corina Likes Photography

chubskulit said...

Such an enjoyable mind game for them!

Rose, ABC Wednesday Team
Extra

Joy said...

I always enjoy seeing people playing games like this, timeless.
Joy, ABC Team

Wanda said...

Oh my they certainly are "Engrossed" ~ You got a great shot that truly shows their "Expressions".

Kim, USA said...

That photo reminds me of Philippines too.

ABC Wed

Gattina said...

and here they play mostly cards ! lol !

Trekcapri said...

Awesome photo and theme for the letter "e".

DawnTreader said...

How funny - we chose the same word!